What do I need to do?
- Form your group of up to 5 students
- Choose a topic and write about it in not more than 300 words
- Design a form using material like cane, bamboo, basket, cloth, tubes, tyres, plastic bottles, Styrofoam string, paper etc
- Design moving parts for this form. The Form needs to be able to move (dynamic)
- Construct your form
- Communicate your topic using the form and its movement and slogans
What do we get?
- Puppetry is a composite art-form which requires skills in design, creativity, crafting and philosophy and is a lot of fun. Come and explore this most ancient art-form of India.
Bring your puppets on Parade during Dhaatu Puppet Parade (date to be announced) and bond with Namma Bengaluru
Winning puppet will be chosen by an eminent body of judges and will receive the Dhaatu Puppet Panache Trophy and a cash component. Winning Puppet will be crowned as The Puppet Star of the parade and will lead the parade with its team members.
I would like to participate but don’t know how to make a puppet
- The expert team at Dhaatu will be happy to answer your questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org